Sunday, January 22, 2006

BBQ again!

There was another Sabahan BBQ again yesterday night. Yup, it's held at PGP BBQ pit 1 (again!?) Before we set up the fire, we heard the roaring thunder, and it rained (again!?) It continued to rain until 6:30pm. Ok, we continued with our plan, hoping that people will still come down and join us despite the rain. Thankfully, in the end the turn up was quite good :)

I realised that I've been organizing this kind of gathering for at least 5 times (each semester since I was in year 1 sem 2)! And, finally I can hand over the job to someone else (though he's not a Sabahan, strictly speaking :P) Anyway, just some thoughts after organized the bbq for so many times. Firstly, the hardest thing in organizing this bbq is to get people's reply. If they don't reply, we can hardly do anything coz we dunno how much food should be bought and how much everyone should pay for the food on the night itself. Worst still, some people cannot make the decision until the night before the BBQ. Not forget those who replied and said they'll come but didn't turn up in the end without informing any of the organizing committee (how sad!) Also, there were also people who came but never eat (since they never ate anything, they dun have to pay). They never told us that they are coming but NOT eating even though we've bought their food (what the.......... anyway, look at it another way, that means we can eat more, hahaha!)

ok, so much about the complains (in fact I have more, but enough, before my blood vessel burst......). Anyway, I am glad that the juniors were willing to help out to organize this event, especially Chung Ang, Kathy, Yun Qing, Jia Chuan, Hsien Loong for contact, purchase and preparation and cooking. Not forget the seniors, especially Andy and How Tze who have been helping me since the first bbq we organized. Thanks a lot :) Also, special thanks to Suk Yee and Alex who were so generous to be the sponsor of the event last night. Also, I'd like to thank Ah Woo for lending us the water container; and Christine, who lend the camera.

Ok, I am looking forward the next Sabahan gathering bbq. Be it organized by Chung Ang or the NTU people, I just hope that you all will do a better job than me and I'll just sit down and being served, hahahaha!

3 comments:

elaine said...

wah finally in english!

starry_knight said...

haha! Coz I was too sleepy that time. Type in English is much more faster (can finish typing before I fall asleep :P)

Iyashino said...

YEAH!! finally got english!

Took so long to read in chinese...

cheers
sparrow