Friday, February 03, 2006

complicated family (2)

Let me continue here.

I shall skip all the details from my departure from JB and arrival at KK and the day time which I've spent in my uncle's house. Move to the night time (on the day of arrival) in when my auntie invited my paternal relatives for the dinner.

I saw all most of my relatives of my father's side. Other than them, I saw another family, 3 kids, a pair of middle-aged couple and an old lady. At first I thought they were the boss of my auntie in her company, but I didn't think too much about them.

After we left, on the way back home, my sister started to ask my mum who are those people.
Sis: Mum, who are those people?
Mum: The middle-aged man is your father's younger brother!
Sis: WHAT!? How come!?
Mum: Remember last time during your grandpa's funeral? They were there! Your late grandpa married with another lady.
Me: So.......the middle-aged man is daddy's brother, same father but different mother.......Then what about the old lady there? Is she grandpa's wife?
Mum: Nope, she's the middle-aged man's sister. Same mother but different father (as in not your grandpa)
Sis & Me: WHAT!? .............

I never know that I have such complicated family background. Anyway, my dad wasn't very happy with their presence on that night, while my aunties (my father's real sisters) were talking happily to them. Oh well, how's this going to affect me as the 3rd generation in the family tree? Not at all, perhaps.

No comments: