Friday, February 03, 2006

complicated family (1)

I guess most of you have already known that I've gone back to my hometown (in Sabah) during the past few days for CNY. It was a last minute decision on last Friday when my super duper very kind boss let me go for holidays, yeah! Luckily I managed to book the air ticket, left on Monday morning and returned on Friday afternoon.

Let me spent some words to describe what happened on my journey to the airport. Since the flight was 7:15 am and the airport is at Senai, JB, so I have to take bus from S'pore all the way to the airport the night before the flight and stayed overnight there. The whole journey took about 3 hours, from Kent Ridge Terminal to Senai Airport. When I arrived, immediately I ordered claypot noodles which is the most expensive claypot noodles I've ever eaten so far. Then I started to read some books and notes. Around 1am, all the shops started to close. Also, that's the moment I, (oppss.. not only myself, but we, rather) have waited. We (6 of us including myself and another 5 strangers) were sitting (or lying) on the bench with VERY-thin cushion and waiting for the coming of 'silence'. It happens after all the shops were closed and the lights were off. Ok, we can sleep now.

There were 2 rows of benches, both rows were placed side by side and each rows is about 12 chairs with VERY-thin cushion. It was a bit horrible to sleep on this VERY-thin cushion chairs, I just couldn't sleep long and tends to wake up after 2 hours sleep (or lie). Also, the room temperature was not regulated well, sometimes too cold, freezing......

Around 5am, they turned on the light because there were a group of people who will depart for Kuching arrived to check-in. When I looked at the monitor there, it shown that their flight time is 7:15am! I was thinking: what the heck these people come so early to wake me up while your flight is so late! With lots of unwillingness, I woke up, stretched my body and a big YAWNNNNN~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next, I went to the washroom and washed up. That was the irst time I brushed my teeth in the airport, everyone was looking at me, haha! So embarassing :P After that, I drank the most expensive teh tarik, sigh.......

Oppss... a bit too long, stop here first.

No comments: